You cannot call a society which has 3.5 million homeless and 18.5 million vacant homes civil. That’s violent and morally bankrupt.
because then i’m forced to look around these spaces and go “i wonder how many of these people are straight” instead of being able to go “wow. look. people who are like me. i am not alone. amazing.”
living in a small town is wonderful
- are there a lot of modes of transportation? nope! you either drive or you’re out of luck basically
- are there a lot of job opportunities? no! of course not
- are there things to do? hang out at the grocery store or go to the only movie theater the town has!
- are the people nice? of course not! not at all!
- are you close to anything interesting? nope! everything interesting happens hours away and you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere
ok i’m getting pretty sick of seeing cutesy posts where people say being gay/lesbian is their form of birth control
because, yes, two cis gay men or two cis lesbian women cannot reproduce together, but a trans man and a cis man could, a trans woman and a cis woman could
but that’s the point. more casual cissexism that erases the existence and experience of trans folk. so please cut it out